Accounts Office Clerk £21k – £22k per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the Accounts Team of one of the UK’s most successful companies. Our client is a forward-thinking and progressive leader in the industry with promising and exciting plans for the future.
This role will be suited to an experienced all-round accounts person. They require a forward-thinking problem-solving individual who can hit the ground running.
Due to our varied client base who supply information in many formats, strong analytical skills and I.T skills, especially in excel would be advantageous.
Key roles and responsibilities for the Accounts Clerk include the following:
- Start to finish Purchase ledger and Sale Ledger.
- Bank reconciliations on a daily basis.
- Control of company cash book including reconciliation to the bank account.
- Dealing with multiple currencies.
- Payroll involvement.
- Reconciling control accounts.
- Posting credit card analysis.
- Import experience preferred although not essential.
- Contacting clients by telephone/email to recover outstanding debt, producing Invoices, credits and statement runs and sending out to customers.
- Posting cash on a daily basis and allocating this to the sales ledger.
- Dealing with any customer queries and reaching appropriate resolutions.
- Proactively maintaining your allocated accounts so as to produce monthly accruals.
- Ensuring debtor day and cash targets are achieved in line with Credit Insurance policy criteria and escalation to legal if so required.
- Ensure timely notification of problem debts to the team Leader / Credit Control Manager.
- Provide holiday cover to other members of the department as needed.
- Provide Switchboard cover on a rota basis.
- General ad-hoc office/accounts duties.
- Good Accounts Office Experience.
- Good level of accounting knowledge with an excellent and logical approach to in-depth reconciliations.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Good level of I.T Skills including Microsoft Office, Excel to Pivot Table, V-Lookup level preferred although not essential
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm
Interested and feel you have the skills to perform well in this role? Then attach your CV now!